Link to the Kickstarter: Retribution Kickstarter
Retribution is a supernatural fantasy setting for Savage Worlds, requiring a copy of any edition of the Savage Worlds rulebook. With some patience and creativity, it can be ported over to other Savage Worlds settings.
Traditional fantasy elements, such as classic races, ancient lore, and magic and mysticism, are intertwined with those things from beyond the natural world of Agador, namely spirits, the undead, and extraplanar entities.
You’ll see select tiers marked with Make 100. That’s because we’re participating in Kickstarter’s Make 100 initiative for January projects that strive to make 100 of something or cap particular perks at 100 or a combination of perks at a total of 100. We have highlighted our Legacy tiers, upgraded book tiers, and Noble Patron tier as our Make 100 tiers.
Key Points of Interest
- PCs can be any of the six primary races (human, elf, dwarf, orc, gnome, half-folk), hybrids of them, or a spirit of a formerly living person (ghost).
- If a non-spirit PC dies, there is a chance she will be transformed into a playable spirit, which would require some stat adjustments and alter the character’s abilities, but not be an entirely different character.
- Fighting entities who are not part of the mortal world utilizes Spiritual Parry and Spiritual Toughness, complements to the standard Parry and Toughness native to Savage Worlds.
- Spiritual combat is presented with two options for play, explained in Choose Your Level of Grit.
- Rules governing how supernatural being can affect the mortal world are included.
- Retribution offers Edges and Hindrances to create specialized characters such as unjailers who work to free entities who have been bound to this plane unwillingly, necromancers who study mastery of the dead, and exomancers who have the power to summon extraplanar beings.
- Unjailing is the specialized study of identifying and untethering usually unwillingly bound spirits who might be attached to people, places, or things. Necromancy is more than just animating skeletons or raising the dead as zombies, covering also medium arts, binding spirits, and working with other aspects of death. Exomancy applies only to those who come from beyond the mortal realm, allowing for beings to cross planes or their power to be harnessed.
- Spirits and extraplanar entities are not automatically evil, malevolent, or violent, so freeing them or otherwise interacting with them could have a variety of effects from being local heroes for helping trapped ancestors to proving your honor and gaining a spectral ally to making enemies of those who want to stay unhindered.